Land Use Planning
The Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd (PBPL) oversee the development and on-going management of a diverse range of land uses, including: industrial, transport operations, marine infrastructure, retail/commercial and environmental buffers on Brisbane Core Port Land.
PBPL manage land use planning at the port, in accordance with State regulatory provisions, via the Brisbane Port Land Use Plan 2015.
This plan has been developed, reviewed with community input and approved by the State to guide to ensure that the port’s development is sustainable and responsive to legislative changes and industry dynamics.
The current land use plan:
- Has been developed with community input and the oversight of State Government departments and the Brisbane City Council
- has effect over all 'Brisbane Core Port Land' - the majority of these lands were known as 'strategic port land' prior to the port’s privatisation;
- includes a strategic plan - outlining key land uses, trade projections and future infrastructure requirements;
- divides port land into specific development precincts - including an outline of the key development 'intent' for each;
- includes a number of 'Codes' - which specify the development requirements for each development;
- includes a 'Contributions Schedule' and Priority Infrastructure Interface Plan’ - which specify infrastructure charges (where relevant); and
- includes a range of plans/figures/drawings - which help to spatially communicate the development vision for core port lands.
Click here to view or print the current Brisbane Port Land Use Plan 2015 or select the following links for specific sections.
Part 1: Introduction - Background, Brisbane Core Port Land, State and Local Planning Context
Part 2: Strategic Plan - Overview, Trade Forecasts, Outcomes and Measures
Part 3: Precinct Planning - Precincts, Table of Assessment, Manager and Referral Agencies
Part 4: Codes - Description of Codes, Development and Standards Codes
Part 5: Contributions Schedule
Part 6: Future Priority Infrastructure Interface Plan
Part 7: Appendices - Definitions, Maps
We have also produced fact sheets and technical guidelines which can be accessed on this website.
For more information about the Brisbane Port Land Use Plan 2015 and the management of development at the port please feel free to contact a PBPL town planner 3258 4888.