News & Media
Operational notification #33: Port Drive Upgrade – Kite Street roundabout
Posted on Wednesday, 26 July 2017 (Archive on Friday, 26 January 2018)
Road closure from 8pm Thursday 27 July to 4am on Friday 28 July 2017 and from 8pm Thursday 3 August to 4am on Friday 4 August 2017.
The right turn from Port Drive southbound into Kite Street will be temporarily closed for works on the new overpass. Traffic wishing to enter Kite Street from Port Drive southbound will be diverted via:
- Port Drive (southbound)
- Export Street off ramp at Lytton
- over the Pritchard Street overpass at Lytton and onto the Port of Brisbane Motorway (northbound) back to Kite Street.
During this work, the left turn into Kite Street and right turn out of Kite Street into Port Drive will be maintained.
A detour map is provided below.
What to expect during this work
Work will involve:
- use of construction equipment including lighting towers, cranes and trucks for the overpass
- increased truck movements along Port Drive, Whimbrel Street, Lucinda Drive
- noise associated with the use of construction equipment
- vehicles and equipment with flashing lights and white noise (non-tonal) reversing beepers for the safety of onsite workers
- changed traffic conditions to manage traffic entering/exiting the construction site, as required
- traffic control and signage to direct motorists, as required.
Motorists are advised to allow extra travel time for their journeys, obey signage and adhere to speed limits throughout the construction site. We thank you for your patience during this work.
Kite Street roundabout right turn ban from Port Drive and detour map (below).
Should you have any queries, please contact the Port Drive Project team via email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the 24hr project hotline 1800 895 929.
ndabout temporary road closure