News & Media
Operational notification #19: Port Drive Upgrade – Upcoming out of hours’ work
Posted on Thursday, 16 March 2017 (Archive on Saturday, 16 September 2017)
Drainage and public utility relocation preparation works
Drainage and public utility relocation preparation works will be undertaken out of hours along Port Drive (off road) on Saturday 18 March from 6am to 6pm. Further drainage works will be carried out near the Kite Street roundabout from Sunday 19 March to Thursday 24 March between 6pm and 6am.
Activities will include saw cutting the road and excavation work to install drainage pipes across the road.
What to expect
- use of equipment such as road saws, excavators and trucks
- increased truck movements for the removal and delivery of material to site
- localised noise associated with the use of construction equipment
- vehicles and equipment with flashing lights and white noise reversing beepers for the safety of onsite workers
- changed traffic conditions including traffic diversions and lane closures as required
- traffic control and signage to direct motorists around the work areas
- Please allow an extra five minutes when travelling through the area as a result of the detours.
Thank you for your patience during this work.
Should you have any queries, please contact the Port Drive Project team via email email@example.com or contact the 24hr project hotline 1800 895 929.