News & Media
Operational notification #18: Port Drive Upgrade – Traffic detours for electrical services relocation works at Tanker Street
Posted on Tuesday, 14 March 2017 (Archive on Thursday, 14 September 2017)
From Sunday 19 March to Thursday 23 March 2017, electrical services relocation works will be undertaken out of hours (6pm to 6am) along Tanker Street, weather permitting.
This work will be staged to maintain access to Tanker Street and local businesses in the area. As part of this work, there will be detours in place with additional signs and traffic control to assist motorists accessing Tanker Street.
Activities will include saw cutting the road and excavation work to install electrical services across the road.
What to expect
- out of hours (6pm to 6am) work activities
- use of equipment such as road saws, excavators and trucks
- increased truck movements for the removal and delivery of material to site
- localised noise associated with the use of construction equipment
- vehicles and equipment with flashing lights and white noise reversing beepers for the safety of onsite workers
- changed traffic conditions including traffic diversions and lane closures as required
- traffic control and signage to direct motorists around the work areas
- Please allow an extra five minutes when travelling through the area as a result of the detours.
Thank you for your patience during this work.
Stage A – works on left lane into Tanker Street from Port Drive (see map below)
Northbound traffic wishing to enter Tanker Street will be detoured via the Kite Street roundabout and brought back in onto Tanker Street via the southbound turning lane.
Stage B – works on Tanker Street (right turn lane from Port Drive) (see map below)
Southbound traffic wishing to enter Tanker Street from Port Drive will be detoured via Export Street off ramp, Pritchard Street bridge and then back via Port Drive northbound.
Stage C – works on Tanker Street exit lane onto Port Drive (see map below)
Traffic control will stop traffic to assist with traffic movements out of Tanker Street. The left lane exiting Tanker Street onto Port Drive and the southbound turning lane off Port Drive will be closed during Stage C works. All traffic exiting Tanker Street will be able to turn right onto Port Drive under the guidance of traffic control. Southbound traffic wishing to enter Tanker Street will be detoured via Export Street and Pritchard Street.
Detour map – Detour via Export Street off ramp, Pritchard Street Bridge and Port Drive northbound (see map below)