The Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd Community Consultative Committee was established by the company to provide a forum at which:
- representatives of conservation and community-based groups can provide input into PBPL's policies, development plans, management programmes and ongoing port operations with respect to potential impacts on the community interests they represent
- PBPL can provide and discuss information about ongoing port operations, the future expansion of Fisherman Islands, and new infrastructure development at the Port of Brisbane
- environmental and related issues of mutual interest to PBPL and the neighbouring communities can be openly discussed
- mechanisms can be agreed that will assist in enhancing cooperation and collaboration between PBPL and community-based organisations on matters relating to port planning, development and management
- information can be generated, collated and reviewed prior to dissemination through the communication networks of the communities of interest represented on the Committee.
The Committee comprises representatives of the following groups:
- Moreton Bay Coastcare Group
- Wynnum State High School
- Caltex Refinery
- Wynnum Community Members
- DP World Brisbane
- Queensland Bulk Handling
- Wynnum Manly Rotary Club
Members of Committee have a duty to seek views on relevant issues from the communities of interest that they represent.