Community Grant Program
The Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd (PBPL) is committed to making a positive contribution to the environment in which we operate. PBPL's annual Community Grant Program aims to assist local initiatives that reflect PBPL’s organisational values and positively contribute to our local community.
Grant applications will be assessed by PBPL's Sponsorship Committee between May - June, and recipients announced in July.
PBPL will accept community grant applications in the following categories:
- Environmental improvement initiatives particularly, but not limited to, those relating to Moreton Bay Marine Park
- Community welfare programs or initiatives, including those that assist disadvantaged groups
- Local education programs including, but not limited, to those involving adult education or learning disabilities
- Youth leadership programs or initiatives aimed at giving young people opportunities for self-development and community service.
Initiatives PBPL will not support:
- political activities
- individuals seeking support for personal projects
- activities of a hazardous nature
- overseas travel for study purposes
- organisational operating and ongoing salary costs.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered eligible for PBPL’s community grants.
Applicants must meet all of the following primary criteria:
- be a Not For Profit (NFP) organisation or Registered Charity
- be relevant or connected to the region in which PBPL operates
- provide a platform for PBPL to its commitment to being socially and environmentally responsible
- have a natural link to PBPL's organisational values of safety, people, innovation, integrity and accountability.
- enable PBPL to engage with its stakeholders such as customers, government, environment and community groups
- enable PBPL to mention the grant recipient on its website, in media opportunities and as part of its reporting processes.
Applicants must meet at least two of the following criteria, providing opportunity for:
- PBPL employees to be actively involved in the work of the charity or NFP organisation (e.g. provide learning or volunteering opportunities)
- PBPL to access any relevant research or data findings (e.g. environmental research)
- PBPL representatives to meet the charity or NFP organisation’s stakeholders
- PBPL to be represented at community events, presentations, media opportunities and /or award ceremonies
- the recipient to report back to PBPL regarding the outcomes of its agreement.
- Applications open between 1 March and 30 April each year.
- Organisations may submit their grant application during this time by completing and submitting the Application Form.
- Applications are assessed between 1 May and 30 June by PBPL.
- Successful applicants will be notified and publicly announced in July. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified in writing by PBPL.
- Grant applications received outside of these times will not be accepted and will be encouraged to apply the following year.
- The final decision to approve a grant application rests with PBPL
Submitting your application
Applications must be submitted using the 2016 Community Grant Program Application Form - applications sent to PBPL in any other format will not be considered.
Completed Application Forms may be submitted by:
Community Relations Advisor
Port of Brisbane Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 1818
Port of Brisbane QLD 4178
For more information, please contact Edward Harwood, on (07) 3258 4888.